Greenery | A Public Competition, part of DESIGN Canberra Festival 2017
Be part of the Design Canberra Festival and flex your creative muscles by submitting a creation of your making inspired by "Greenery", the Pantone 2017 colour of the year. Be literal and use the colour theme or try something different with a play on words - the choice is yours.
Paint a picture, create a sculpture from metal, clay or playdough. Perhaps construct jewellery or beadwork, work with papier-mâché, or simply knit, crochet or embroider your way to glory. There is a wide range of mediums out there for you to experiment with. We can’t wait to see the results. Prizes will also be won by a member of the public who participates in voting in-store for a winner and by someone who shares the event on social media.
There are two categories for submissions:
• Under 16 - for young people under 16
• Open - for people 16 years and over
A Public Voter prize will be awarded to a randomly selected voter. Participate in the vote for a chance to win.
A Social Media prize will be awarded to a randomly selected Facebook or Instagram post. For a chance to win, post a photo of one or more of the competition entries and tag your post with #TroveCanberraGreenery AND #DesignCanberra.
Under 16s: $75 Trove Gift Voucher
Open: $150 Trove Gift Voucher
Public Voter: $25 Trove Gift Voucher
Social Media: $25 Trove Gift Voucher
Entries open: 1-11 November
Entries on display: 13-25 November
Public voting open: 13-18 November
Winners announced: 20 November
• Only one submission per person.
• Members of Trove are not eligible to enter.
• The work must be handmade by the entrant themselves.
• You may use any medium you like but you need to show how your work reflects the “Greenery” theme.
• Submissions must not exceed 40cm in length, width or height, that is, your entry should fit into a 40cm cube.
• Submissions must be presented with a completed entry form.
• Drop your entry into Trove Canberra during opening hours from 1st to 11th November.
Entries will be on display at Trove Canberra between 13 & 25 November. Members of the public will vote for their favourite entry. The winner in each category will be the entry with the most public votes. Winners will be notified on 20th November and their names will appear in the Trove monthly newsletter.